Papers, Links, and References
Papers by Robert Fathauer related to fractal tiling. Some of these are downloadable as pdf files:
Links to related websites:
- "Self-similar Tilings Based on Prototiles Constructed from Segments of Regular Polygons," presented at the Bridges Conference (July 28-30, 2000, Southwestern College, Winfield, Kansas).
- Fractal tilings based on kite- and dart-shaped prototiles," Computers and Graphics, Vol. 25, pp. 323-331 (2001).
- Fractal tilings based on v-shaped prototiles," Computers and Graphics, Vol. 26, pp. 635-643 (2002).
- "Fractal Tilings Based on Dissections of Polyhexes," in Proceedings of the 2005 Bridges Conference, edited by Reza Sarhangi and Robert V. Moody, pp. 427-434.
- "Fractal Tilings Based on Dissections of Polyominoes," in Proceedings of the 2006 Bridges Conference, edited by Reza Sarhangi and John Sharp, pp. 293-300.
- "Tilings and Patterns", by Branko Grünbaum and G.C. Shepherd. This is the standard reference on the topic. The treatment is mathematically rigorous, but the book contains many examples and illustrations that the layman can reaily follow.
Go to Fractal Tiling Compendium Home
Webmaster: Robert Fathauer; firstname.lastname@example.org