References and Links
- Robert Fathauer, "Fractal Knots Created by Iterative Substitution", in Proceedings of the Bridges 2007 Conference, edited by Reza Sarhangi and Javier Barrallo, pp. 335-342, 2007.
- Robert Fathauer, "A New Method for Designing Fractal Knots", in Proceedings of the Bridges 2009 Conference, edited by Craig S. Kaplan and Reza Sarhangi, pp. 251-258, 2009.
- Robert Fathauer, "Some Three-dimensional Self-similar Knots", in Proceedings of the Bridges 2010 Conference, edited by Craig S. Kaplan and Reza Sarhangi, 2010.
Carlo Séquin, "Tangled Knots", presented at the Art+Math=X Conference, Boulder, CO, June 3, 2005. This page contains a list of recent talks by Carlo, with a link to the PowerPoint presentation from the conference, which includes an iterated knot.
- Paul Gailiunas, "Knot Designs from Snowflake Curves", in Proceedings of the Bridges 2006 Conference, edited by Reza Sarhangi and John Sharp, pp. 581-584, 2006. An iterated knot is described in this paper that is essentially the same as the first fractal trefoil described here.
- Colin C. Adams, "The Knot Book", The American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2004. A good general reference on knots.
Knot Atlas. This website contains considerable information on knots.
Go to Compendium Home
Webmaster: Robert Fathauer; firstname.lastname@example.org